About the Company
We have been retained exclusively to represent a leading multi-disciplinary construction company with extensive experience across major projects in both the private and government sectors. This principle contractor has secured multiple defence projects providing a period of “ongoing” project opportunities ($20M-$500M+) that will see them project active for the next 5-8 years.
About the Role
We seek a competent and proven Commercial Manager who can demonstrate a solid legacy successfully leading the Commercial delivery of major Building / Civil construction projects, ideally within government and defence sectors (must have Defence project experience). To date, our client’s success has incorporated design and construct delivery models such as “Managing Contractor” engagements and we are seeking candidates who have comparable experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the proactive assessment and management of all project operational commercial and contractual risk, monthly and quarterly cost to complete and program project reviews, mentoring and management of project contract administration staff and oversight of Head Contract and Trade Contracts, including appropriate reporting.
- Commercial risk management and direction of head contract and subcontract packages
- Contract administration of the project, the head contract and subcontract packages, and all other project procurements.
- Maximisation of project value recovery cost control and cash management
- Responsible for all project contract issues including subcontract letting, variations, progress claims and contract correspondence
- Management and mentoring of project contract administration staff, contract administrators and building graduates
- Ensure that the Head Contract is administered and managed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Contract Documents and all other required procedures
- Defence project delivery experience
- Head Contracts Administration
- Subcontract Administration
- Financial Control & Reporting
- Embrace a “hands-on” delivery environment that is client-centric
- Must be able to demonstrate previous, positive relationship engagements with both clients and sub-contractors
- Relevant tertiary qualification desired, Construction Management, Engineering , Q.S or 15 years experience in a similar position
- Stability – 5-8-year workbook with significant government projects awarded
- Professional environment where processes, procedures and projects are comparable with the “top tier” sector, yet the workplace culture still retains “family company values”
- Senior Executive Remuneration structure including initial accommodation support plus a relocation package
How to Apply
Those who are serious about a change and meet the requirements listed should reply promptly as we are ready to engage now! Contact Paul Gay for a confidential discussion on 0415 379 586 or simply APPLY NOW.