With a history spanning over 35 years, this family owned civil construction company has cemented itself into this highly competitive market through the successful delivery of projects including Roadworks, Rail works, Drainage works both as a main contractor and a subcontractor to top tier companies throughout Southeast Queensland.
It’s focus on providing a secure pipeline of work, a real work/life balance and ongoing opportunities for growth internally has ensured team members remain with the company long term some of which have been there since the company was established. In short, their employees love to work there.
They now have a requirement for a highly experienced Civil Estimating Manager to join their team.
It is essential you have been employed in this role within the civil construction sector as you will be estimating pricing from first principles. Therefore, you’ll need to have thorough knowledge of the direct costs of your resources – including plant, labour, materials and your subcontractor prices.
Duties in your role will include:
- Estimating from first principles for roadworks, rail works and drainage
- Analysis and selection of suitable trades/subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage and provide support to all member of Estimating team
- Collaborate with other stakeholders both internally and externally
- Some business development including maintaining relationships with existing clients and creating opportunities to win new business
- Previous experience working from 1st principals and strong understanding of production rates and methodologies for earthworks, concrete works and drainage works
- 5 years proven experience in the role of Estimating Manager within the civil construction industry in Australia
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as an Estimator within the civil construction industry in Australia
- Strong technical knowledge of civil construction and methodologies
- Strong understanding of traffic management
- RIGHTS TO LIVE AND WORK IN AUSTRALIA ESSENTIAL