About the Company We have been retained exclusively to represent a leading multi-disciplinary construction company with extensive experience across major projects in both the private and government sectors. This principal contractor has secured multiple defence projects up to $700M providing a period of “ongoing” project opportunities that will see them project active for the next 5-8 years. About the Role We seek a competent and proven Project Controls Manager who can demonstrate capability across both Civil & Building works , ideally within government and defence sectors.
To date, our client’s success has incorporated design and construct delivery models such as “Managing Contractor” engagements and we are seeking candidates who have comparable experience. The successful candidate initially plays a key role in the delivery of a major $700M+ Defence project with the long-term view of becoming an integral part of this highly regarded, and well established , National contractor.
- Implement project management principles and skills to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of project controls
- Manage key planning tasks
- Monitor and manage the workload of the Project Management Office, supplementing resources from the additional project management function consultants on an as needed basis.
- Assist with all document control processes - including schedule management, risk and issue management and document management
- Provide timely and accurate planning and schedule updates
- Reporting to Senior team members
- Lead meetings and workshops
- Conducting audits when required
- Providing support and training to the project team
- Experience of risk management systems
- Must be able to integrate program with project forecasting and cashflow modelling
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering or Construction Management Degree Qualifications, or 15 Years + Experience in a similar role
- Minimum 8-15yrs+ experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Experience delivering projects under the “Managing Contractor” model is ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge using MS Office suite
- Must be highly competent in the full application of Primavera
- Experience using Aconex, ProjectWise, SharePoint or similar software
- Demonstrated experience with project claim management
- Stability – a 5-8-year workbook with significant government projects awarded.
- Professional environment where processes, procedures and projects are comparable with the “top tier” sector, yet the workplace culture still retains “family company values”
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Full relocation package on offer including initial accommodation assistance.