Project Engineer - Darwin |
Full Relocation Package Including Initial Three Months Accommodation
Circa $150K + super + relocation assistance + initial accommodation (no FIFO - residential engagement)
We have been retained exclusively to source project critical personnel for a shovel ready and challenging project (circa $50M+).
You will be working with a long term established (20 years +) leading multi-disciplinary construction company that has gone from strength to strength, due to their outcome-focused, client-centric and solutions-driven ethos.
Due to recent growth, they are now seeking 2 Project Engineers to join their team and strengthen their capability from within.
This presents as an exceptional long-term career opportunity whilst playing a large role across a broad range of projects is on offer! Our long term relationship with key stakeholders, from the Managing Director through to the project delivery teams, gives us a unique position to state with certainty that they place continued development of their team to ensure consistent growth of the business.
To be successful the candidate will have exposure to detailed pavement packages preferably within a high compliance environment.
This experience across Defence projects or high compliant environments will be well received.
Your overall responsibilities will include the design management, contract administration and quality of design and construct, negotiated and head contracts along with oversight of trade contracts, including appropriate reporting. You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skillsets at a component level;
Working closely with the Project Management teams and the clients own stakeholders, you will also be critical in taking these current projects from the current design stage through to construction and handover.
Additional duties will include:
- Interpret client design and development requirements
- Assist the design team on appropriate construction details to be implemented in consultation with the
- Assist in the preparation of Head Contract claims for variations, delays and other contractual claims for review and approval by the Direct Line Manager, and submit them to the Client’s nominee in accordance with the requirements of the Contract
- Assist to prepare design and subcontract tender packages, call tenders and prepare summary reports for award
- Assist in ensuring that all Subcontract Agreements are properly executed
- Evaluate consultant and subcontractor claims for payment, variations, delays and other contractual claims and make recommendations in respect of same to the Direct Line Manager
- Take a lead role in promoting and driving a proactive SEQ culture and behaviors within the organisation
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree qualified Civil Engineer or Diploma Qualified with experience on infrastructure projects (i.e. roads, drainage and sewerage).
- Min 2 years Proven working experience as a Project Engineer with reputable local contractors working on civil construction projects ranging in value
- Be an Australian citizen and be eligible for Defence security clearance
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Willingness to work with multiple discipline projects (Civil & Building)
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills