Small family owned and operated Civil Contracting business who have been operating in South East Queensland for over 30 years. Self sufficient contractor with their own plant and crews specialising in a variety of local government projects between $1m and $5m.
About the Role
This is a diverse role that will encompass both the technical aspects of construction and engineering as well as managing and administering contracts and seeing project programs through to completion.
- Pre-empt and resolve on-site construction issues.
- Monitor construction progress against set program.
- Assisting the team with project tendering, estimation and preparation of tender documentation.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in professional manner.
- Prepare and assist with contract administration inclusive of processing variations, progress claims etc.
- Provide adhoc assistance to your direct reports (CEO and Project Manager) where necessary.
- Flexibility to work between the office and onsite.
- Tertiary Qualification – Bachelor of Engineering is a must, obtained or recognised in Australia.
- At minimum 5 years post graduate experience in the civil construction sector working on local projects between $1m - $4m in value.
- Strong technical and practical understanding of civil construction methodology and practices/codes.
- Experience in assisting with project tendering, estimation and preparation of tender documentation.
- Proven experience administering contracts and processing variations.
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service philosophy and responsible brand reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Natural rapport building abilities
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed in each task completed
- Remuneration package inclusive of $100,000 - $110,000 plus superannuation, plus company vehicle or car allowance, mobile phone and laptop.
- Working with a well established contractor who work in a niche sector of the civil market and have repeat work means there is strong continuity of work and stability.
- Due to a generational change in leadership within the company, there is real career development opportunities available.
- Monday to Friday (daytime hours) work, no weekends!
Those who are serious about a change and meet the requirements listed should reply promptly as we are ready to engage now! Contact Sarah Clark for a confidential discussion on 0401 506 087 or simply APPLY NOW.