We have been engaged to source Project Manager for a well-established highly respected, diverse Civil Contractor to deliver a unique Marine restoration project.
The project has commenced and is well on the way to providing a complete rebuild of the seawall, terminal, pontoons, terminal and car park to restore the marine facility.
Located close to the Great Barrier Reef, the stunning Whitsunday Islands and some of Australia’s best beaches and rainforests with an affordable cost of living, this is not just a great career opportunity but also a unique lifestyle opportunity.
Having established this family business over twenty years ago our client has entrenched themselves as one of the largest Civil Contractors in Central Queensland.
Their success to date has been underpinned by strong values focused on strong customer partnerships with an aim to provide the best service available.
This organisation is quite diverse incorporating multiple entities including quarrying services, one of the most successful and consistent development business’s and of course their very successful Civil Contracting division.
Operating as a “self-sufficient” Civil Contractor, our client “self-delivers” across multiple trades including Bulk Earthworks, Concrete works, Sewer, Stormwater, Roadworks, Traffic Management and detailed design, Survey. These successful project resources including 100+ employees, 150 pieces of civil construction plant and equipment enable versatility and provide our client with a competitive edge in the region.
Our client has been successful in securing a unique project that incorporates Marine Civil Works ( marine piling and break wall construction), Traditional Civil Works including car parks access roads and also building works ( sub-contracted out) all up approximately $35M worth of works over an 18-month program.
Reporting directly the General Manager and working closely with the Operations Manager, this is an exceptional opportunity to align yourself with an established, successful and well-respected contractor in the Central Qld region.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity the successful candidate MUST be able to demonstrate competency and experience across the following attributes;
- Background in bridge/wharf/structural concrete experience, some exposure to marine projects would be ideal but not a necessity
- A relevant tertiary degree with Engineering disciplines
- Extensive infrastructure construction experience, specialising in all facets of civil infrastructure works
- Successful delivery of time and budget requirements for both high and low-value dollar projects.
- Proven performance in managing and meeting programmed objectives within financial parameters and company requirements.
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety.
- Computing skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc).
- 15-20 years experience, must be able to command respect across the p[project by utilising such experince
- A 12-month contract (fixed-term or on contract) based on the Great Barrier Reef a truly unique region of Australia.
- An opportunity to utilise extensive project resources without having to rely on Sub-Contractors.
- A highly competitive salary package with flexibility on how this is to be structured
- Relocation assistance for candidates from other regions shared accommodation and vehicle provided