Our client is a Gold Coast based mid-tier Public Practice Accounting firm with a relaxed culture. The business is made up of an Accounting firm, Financial planning firm and Mortgage broking firm, with each division operating independently from the same location. The firm consists of over 40 staff currently, with plans to substantially grow the firm. They have more staff than they need to prevent working Accountants to the bone all year long. The partners are very approachable with an open-door policy and strong retention with most of the staff having been with the firm for 10 years +.
This position is open to both Senior Accountants looking to step into a Managers role or a Manager looking for future Partnership. Operating in a team structure made up of a Junior, Senior and Manager or Partner.
Senior Accountants are responsible for assisting in mentoring Juniors, with the expectation to work on the job from start to finish, have direct client contact and all work is reviewed by the Manager or Partner.
Managers are responsible for reviewing work completed by the team, day to day management of staff, mentoring staff, review client affairs to identify opportunities for clients and accountable for client retention for their team as well as meeting with new potential clients.
What is required to be successful in this role –
- A proven background in the Public Practice Accounting industry with a minimum of 5 years in a Senior or Management role
- Industry related tertiary qualification
- CA or CPA qualified
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and people management
- A strong and consistent communicator both verbal and written
- Driven and motivated to succeed and assist in succession of all key stakeholders
- Long tenure in previous roles and seeking a long term careered role
- Uphold a high level of ethics
- The whole firm is treated to lunch out of the office every Friday
- Professional development support such as a tax trainer that comes in each month with additional monthly staff training sessions
- Career opportunities, as the firm is growing there is genuine management and partnership opportunities available
- Above market remuneration package
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in discussing the role further you can call Mellisa Hall on 0416 312 374 alternatively email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or APPLY now.