We have been retained exclusively to source a key resource for an exciting and challenging project.
Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary construction company that has gone from strength to strength.
Due to recent growth, they are now seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join their team and strengthen their capability from within.
An exceptional long-term career opportunity whilst playing a large role in projects is on offer!
To be successful the candidate will have exposure to detailed pavement packages and detailed in-ground services packages. This experience across Defence Projects or high compliant (Airside) environments will be well received.
You will overall be responsible for contract administration and quality of design and construct, negotiated and head contracts along with oversight of trade contracts, including appropriate reporting. You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skillsets at a component level;
- Monitor compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- A degree qualified Civil Engineer or Diploma Qualified with experience on infrastructure projects (i.e. airport runways, detailed complex pavements ).
- Min 5 years Proven working experience as a project engineer with reputable local contractors working on civil construction projects ranging in value
- Be an Australian citizen and be eligible for defence security clearance
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skill