Located close to the Great Barrier Reef, the stunning Whitsunday Islands and some of Australia’s best beaches and rainforests with an affordable cost of living, this is not just a great career opportunity but also a unique lifestyle opportunity.
Having established this family business over twenty years ago our client has entrenched themselves as one of the largest Civil Contractors in Central Queensland.
Their success to date has been underpinned by strong values focused on strong customer partnerships with an aim to provide the best service available.
This organisation is quite diverse incorporating multiple entities including quarrying services, one of the most successful and consistent development business’s and of course their very successful Civil Contracting division.
Operating as a “self-sufficient” Civil Contractor, our client “self-delivers” across multiple trades including Bulk Earthworks, Concrete works, Sewer, Stormwater, Roadworks, Traffic Management and detailed design, Survey. These successful project resources including 100+ employees, 150 pieces of civil construction plant and equipment enable versatility and provide our client with a competitive edge in the region.
Our client has identified the increased confidence in the region and is focused to now bid on and secure large infrastructure projects ranging from $20M to $50M. To achieve this goal, they seek to add to their current team a highly experienced Senior Project Manager to drive this objective from bid management right through to project hand over.
Reporting directly the Construction Manager and working closely with the Operations Manager, this is an exceptional opportunity to align yourself with an established, successful and well-respected contractor in the Central Qld region.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity the successful candidate MUST be able to demonstrate competency and experience across the following attributes;
- Successfully Project Management delivery of TMR (or equivalent roads authority) and transport infrastructure projects in excess of $20M
- A relevant tertiary degree with Construction Management/ Engineering disciplines (is preferred but not essential)
- Extensive construction experience, specialising in all facets of civil infrastructure works
- Successful delivery of time and budget requirements for both high and low-value dollar projects.
- Proven performance in managing and meeting programmed objectives within financial parameters and company requirements.
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety.
- Computing skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc).
- A long-term career opportunity located within a truly unique region of Australia.
- An opportunity to lead a major project from tender through top hand over.
- An opportunity to utilise extensive project resources without having to rely on Sub-Contractors.
- A highly competitive salary package with flexibility on how this is to be structured/
- Relocation assistance for candidates from other regions.
To apply follow the prompts or for an initial, confidential discussion contact our Director,
Paul Gay on 0415 379 586.